Wear and Tear Guidelines
Your allowable mileage was determined at the beginning of the subscription. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions agreement to confirm the maximum number of miles you may drive. If the mileage on the vehicle exceeds your allowable mileage, you will be charged a per-mile fee in accordance with your that agreement.
Normal wear can include a few small door dings, chips or scratches and is not charged to you. These are expected from the normal use of a vehicle. Excess wear may include items such as dents, cracks in glass, tears in the upholstery or poor quality repairs. These are not expected from the normal use of a vehicle and they may warrant charges. Please refer to the detailed information below.
Tire tread must be 4/32” or greater. Use a penny to determine if the tire tread meets our requirements by placing the coin upside-down in the lowest tread on the tire. If the tread passes Lincoln’s face, the tread should be acceptable.
Two scratches that are less than 3” on a wheel may be considered normal, however any scratches 3” or greater would be considered excessive.
A few small scratches are normal and acceptable on a used vehicle. These can usually be buffed out easily during a routine vehicle reconditioning.
Multiple scratches or scratches that break the paint are much more difficult and costly to repair. This would be considered excess wear and you may be charged for the damages.
Excess Wear and Tear
Please refer to the detailed information below to determine if your vehicle has excess wear.
Normal versus Excess Wear and Tear
- Normal: Removable spots/marks
- Excess: Stains that cannot be removed and require the interior section to be replaced
- Normal: Cuts, tears, and/or rips on floor mats
- Excess: Cuts, tears, and/or rips on carpet, upholstery, or interior
- Normal: Burns on floor mats
- Excess: Burns on carpet, upholstery, or interior sections
- Power Equipment
- Normal: N/A
- Excess: Non-operational, malfunctioning equipment or missing equipment
Scratches and Scuffs
- Normal: Scratches that do not break the paint that can be buffed out during vehicle reconditioning, or scratches that break the paint that are less than 4” in length (maximum of three per panel)
- Excess: Scratches that break the paint that are 4” or more in length
Dents and Dings
- Normal: Dents and dings that do not break the paint that are less than 2” in diameter (maximum of two per panel)
- Excess: Dents and dings that do not break the paint of any size that occur more than three times on one panel, or any number of dents and/or dings that do not break the paint that are more than 2” in diameter
- Normal: 10 or less chips measuring less than 1/8”
- Excess: 11 or more chips measuring less than 1/8”
Rust and Corrosion
- Normal: N/A
- Excess: Any visible rust and/or corrosion
Glass and Lenses - Cracked, Chipped, Broken
- Normal: One chip less than or equal to 1/4” in diameter, not in the drivers line of sight
- Excess: Two or more chips less than or equal to 1/4” in diameter; any chips, crack, or scratches (not able to be buffed) greater than 1/4” in diameter; or any chips, scratches, and cracks in the drivers line of sight
- Normal: Tread depth 4/32” or greater, and all tires must meet Go’s and Manufacturer’s size and rating (speed and seasonal)
- Excess: Tread depths less than 4/32”; tires that do not meet Go’s and Manufacturer’s standards for size and/or rating (speed and seasonal); mismatched tires (other than brand); or dry rot, cupped, cut, or sidewall plugs
- Normal: Scratches, gouges, chips, or dents less than 3” per wheel (maximum of two per wheel)
- Excess: Any bent or broken part, missing or corroded wheel covers; mismatched wheels; three or more scratches, gouges, or dents per wheel.
Mechanical & Electrical
- Normal: N/A
- Excess: Missing, non-operational, or malfunctioning equipment; replacement part(s) that do not meet go’s and Manufacturer’s specifications; substandard repairs
- Normal: Vehicle should be maintained according to Terms and Conditions as well as the specific vehicle maintenance requirements
- Excess: Failure to replace maintenance items if they are dirty, low, worn, or not in working order
Missing & Broken Parts
- Normal: Vehicle should be returned with equipment and accessories that were in the vehicle at subscription start and must be in good working order
- Excess: Missing equipment, broken parts, and accessories (i.e. owners manual, charging cables, keyfobs etc.)